What’s up blog,
Today I want to discuss failure, as it is one of the most important aspects of entrepreneurship, and life in general. I have failed many times and I will continue to fail in life, as it is a part of being human. Nobody is perfect, and we spend our lives stressing to be perfect.
As a personal experience, I struggled in school with one of my classes, Business Finance, as I found the course extremely challenging. For my old major, Finance, you are required to have a B in the course. I ended the course with a D+. It was extremely frustrating for me, as I would have to retake the course in order to continue with my major. For me, it took a lot of contemplation and reflection in order to overcome this failure, and figure out my next course of action.
From my difficulty in the course, I discovered that no matter what I did, I probably wouldn’t do well in the course. Then I reflected deeper on why I wanted to be a finance major. It was mainly because I thought it was more prestigious than other majors. I continued to think about my future, and realized that being a finance major wouldn’t make me successful, but rather my drive to thrive in life would. So as a result I changed my major, and found a passion for real estate, which you don’t need a finance degree to be successful in.
Failure is rough, but it is a mindset. Every situation can be viewed in a different perspective. What might seem to one as a catastrophic failure, could be a discovery for another passion, or an opportunity to find a right path. This course has taught me that while you can fail a lot, those who use that failure to grow will ultimately succeed.
Hey Louis,
ReplyDeleteI have heard the horror stories of business finance.It is not an easy task to get a B in but with hard work you can do it. I am taking it next semester. Feel free to shoot a message if you want to study together sometime. I find myself working harder in groups. Failure is indeed rough, but with your mindset you can do it. Keep grinding Louis.
Hey Louis,
ReplyDeleteBusiness Finance was a major struggle for me as well. I skirted out of the class with the lowest grade I ever received in a class in my life (the same grade that you got, actually), yet somehow was still "satisfied" by it since the class was so difficult that I did not even think I would meet the minimum grade requirement for my major. I am glad that you found a better career fit for you through the process, though, and wish you the best in the future!