What’s up blog,
Here is my final post for this journey in ENT3003. Overall, I have learned a lot in this course from the various activities assigned. Not only did I learn about the concepts of entrepreneurship, but I learned about myself as a person. From posts such as the bug list, or the idea napkin, I was able to understand how my brain works, and how I can visualize my thoughts, which are extremely beneficial to me. I definitely dreaded days when I had to make three long posts, with many interviews, but overall it taught me good time management.
Overall, I found the most formative experience was creating my bug list. This allowed me to draw from all of the work I had done over the semester, and develop my idea in to a concise concept. It was extremely satisfying as I saw the culmination of all my hard work come to fruition. It taught me that I can diligently work over a long period of time to created a polished and finished product.
At the beginning of the semester I did not consider myself an entrepreneur, however after this course I definitely think of myself as someone who has the potential to start my own venture. I now look at things and think about the opportunity they present, and how I could take advantage of that opportunity. Instead of wanting others to fix problems in my life, I now desire to use those problems that everyone share, to create an opportunity for myself.
If I could recommend anything to students taking this course, is to keep an open mind. At the beginning of the semester, the amount of assignments may seem daunting, however if they follow the schedule of the course, and engage themselves, they will find that these assignments actually benefit them as a person, even if they don’t pursue their idea. Regardless of whether or not students want to become entrepreneurs, having the mindset of analyzing their surrounds and taking advantage of opportunities will enhance their lives significantly.
Students in this course learn to think outside the box!

Hey Louis,
ReplyDeleteI forgot about the bug list until you brought it up. I had a fun time with that assignment. It took a while but it taught the importance of looking from the customer's point of view. I think that most companies fail because they forget to do that. I too found that this class had a lot of assignments at the start but with proper planning that is no problem. I found myself working and doing all my assignments with ease. I am glad you had a good time with this class. I wish you the best in life.