What’s up blog,
For my existing market, I have interviewed three customers who are giving insight into what I can do to offer further services. I interviewed three undergraduate students who are heavily involved. The feedback I received was:
The students described that while my concept of parking was extremely helpful, UF campus is a big place, and that simply walking to the center of campus may not be sufficient enough for all of my customers. As a result we will implement a two part plan.
The first will be to offer parking around the entire perimeter of UF campus. Meaning that if students have class near sorority row, they could park at one of our structures near there, or if they have class at Shands, they could park at our facilities designed for health commuters.
Second is transportation, which we will offer in the form of a small efficient fleet of buses. This is not similar to the RTS system in that out drivers will be highly compensated to ensure their commitment to being on time. Students will be able to trust our system to being there when they need it.
For the next part of this task, I have interviewed two individuals who have given me insight into tapping into a new market.
They explained to me that my current market is almost exclusively based on students. However there is definitely other needs for parking the Gainesville area. From their feedback, I have come up with two other markets that I could tap into.
The first is gameday parking. UF gameday transforms the town, with an influx of thousands of people coming for the football game. I could use my existing facilities to create a revenue in a new market, as students likely wont be using my service on a Saturday gameday.
The second is downtown parking, which is always a hassle for patrons of businesses in that area. If I was able to create a streamlined solution, I could generate significant revenue by changing the culture of downtown parking in Gainesville. No longer would people try and search for meter parking, but rather they would come directly to my facility for a no hassle experience.
Overall, I was unaware of these markets, but once I conversed with my interviewees, I agree with their statements regarding the demand in these two new markets.
Hey Louis,
ReplyDeleteIt is interesting how you pointed out the bus system. It would provide students with a good experience but wouldn't it be very costly to do so? The current market seems to be ran mostly by UF. They own all the garages and sell their own parking passes. Would yours be semester or annual? There are plenty of ways to compete but I think the best way to know how to sell your product is to study your competitors. UF has been doing it for years and you could easily capitalize where they have been slacking.
Hey Louis,
ReplyDeleteI find your idea of combining plenty of parking on the outskirts of the UF campus with a fleet of busses that bring students from these parking garages, into and around campus. That is definitely a far out scheme to complete, but it is definitely possible. If anyone can do it I'm sure its you, Louis. πππ