Thursday, February 6, 2020

8A- Solving the Problem

What’s up blog,

While thinking about my opportunity regarding parking at UF, I have come up with a tentative solution to the problem. The problem is centered around the fact that undergrad students have difficulty commuting to campus as a result of UF not issuing commuter lot decals, and the inefficiency of the park and ride system. In order to provide a solution, private offsite parking could be developed in the areas behind midtown. Several apartment complexes have been acquiring land in the area, meaning that owners of property in the area are willing to sell. Additionally, large structure garages could be built, allowing a large amount cars to park. If two or three garages are developed, the parking situation could be alleviated to an extent. Also parking has relatively low overhead, and can result in solid profits as a result of the demands. In this, students could be offered semester, monthly or daily parking rates. If made affordable, the garages will be a popular business for students, gator fans, and guests.

2 comments:

  1. Louis,
    The idea is great. I think it would work better as a way to compete with UF parking rather then letting UF decals work. Offering a lower price and giving parking would be a incentive for customers to switch. Or, go partners with the school and split the profits. I think real money is there to be made but it comes down to running it as efficiently as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Louis,
    I think that these are all good solutions to parking here in Gainesville. I actually am constantly effected by a lack of parking, even at my own home. My 4 person apartment actually only offers 2 parking spots for the whole unit. This is a great example of how bad the lack of parking in this town really is... I have to leave my car at my brothers place, and commute to him if I want to use it.

    ReplyDelete