Whats up blog...
To those reading, here is how my life relates to entrepreneurship. Since I was a kid, I have always been fascinated by how people can make money. My first experience as entrepreneur was when I was just 6 years old. I did the stereotypical thing that every American kid does and set up a lemonade stand in my front lawn. It was my first introduction into how cost and revenue work together. The concept of entrepreneurship has always intrigued me. As a teenager, I watched the movies and documentaries on the rise of tech giants such as Facebook and Amazon. It amazed me how college dropouts could go on to be some of the most successful figures in the business world. In high school, I was able to apply this, and was very successful in fundraising events, such as my swim team bake sale. To me, the most exciting aspect of entrepreneurship is the fact that in the face of adversity, people can make their own success if they are driven and willing to put the time in. I hope to apply this in my life, and become successful even when faced with challenges.
In Principles of Entrepreneurship, I hope to refine my skills on becoming a successful business owner. I want to know what it takes to be at the reins of a prospering company, and how to turn a great idea into a great business. This class will allow me to take my fascination and develop real skills from a passion.
Below is a picture of my swim team after our meet and bake sale

hey Louis, I liked your post and especially the part about the lemonade stand. I think that is a good experience to have as a young kid because it teaches you about entrepreneurship. I also liked your take on entrepreneurs in general and how they make their own success and start from the ground up and become successful figures seemingly out of nowhere.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Louis,
ReplyDeleteI can relate to how you found your motivation. We grew up in the same era and I find it crazy how so many successful entrepreneurs came from nothing. Today they have moved our country several steps forward. Technology grows fast yet they took advantage of a niche of the market and control the whole market today. People like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg are undoubtedly some of the most influential people of our time.