Friday, January 24, 2020

2A- things that bug me

1.) iPhone chargers that stop working after a month.
       1a.) This is because the only affordable phone chargers are made by third parties.

2.) Air takes up more than half a bag of chips.
       2a.) Chip manufacturers make the bags filled with air to make customers believe they are getting more chips.

3.) J walkers on west university during the day.
       3a.) This is because there is insufficient crossing between campus and midtown buildings and people are lazy.

4.) Pub sub line is always so long at the 13th and University Publix.
      4a.) This is because their deli department cannot handle the traffic of students.

5.) Small portions at the Chipotle at West University.
      5a.) This is because their kitchen cannot handle the traffic and they are able to sell more bowls with less meat.

6.) The predatory actions of car dealership service departments.
      6a.) They often claim that things are wrong with your car when they really aren't. This is because they want to take your money.

7.) The inconsistency of the UF Warrington Business Advising office.
      7a.) They pass students from department to department from one advisor to the next just to solve one little problem. They do this because advising problems are often too complicated for them to solve in the advising office.

8.) Grocery stores selling milk and other dairy products that are about to expire.
      8a.) They do this to empty their inventory even though it is somewhat of a unethical business practice.

9.) The back of an iPhone cracks too easily.
      9a.) Apple does this because they use cheap glass when manufacturing iPhones so they can save money and also make money because people will purchase new phones.

10.) People not using their turning signals during rush hour in Gainesville.
       10a.) This is because people are in a hurry to get home and are more focused on getting home as soon as possible and navigating through the heavy traffic.

11.) Trader Joe's brown paper bags that always rip.
       11a.) The employees often do not double bag. In addition, Trader Joe's saves money by giving out less bags.

12.) The paper straw ordinance in Gainesville.
       12a.) This is because everyone thinks that plastic straws are killing the Earth.

13.) When professors make the textbook for their class when you don't have to use it.
       13a.) This is because professors often get book deals if they promote a major publishing company.

14.) The inconsistency of the traffic light at 13th and University.
        14a.) This is because that intersection has a major rush hour and varies very significantly in traffic patterns throughout the day.

15.) Sweatshirts that shrink significantly after only washing them once.
       15a.) This is because most sweatshirts are made with cheap material.

16.) The Publix on West University is always out of chicken fingers.
       16a.) The deli management is more concerned with other departments.

17.) Water fountains that are not cold.
       17a.) Places don't want to pay for refrigerated water fountains.

18.) Movie theaters that only put butter on the top layer on popcorn.
       18a.) The employees are too lazy and don't care about the customers desires.

19.) When restaurants charge you for extra sauce like ranch with your hot wings.
       19a.) This is because the restaurant business is a very difficult one to be in and owners try to make money anywhere they can.

20.) When you are the only roommate to take out the trash or buy paper towels.
        20a.) This is because most people in our generation were spoiled as kids and their parents did everything for them.


Reflection:

Honestly, I did not think making this list was too difficult. It's crazy to think how many little things in my day to day life actually bother me. In order for me to figure out what i was going to put on this list I sat down and thought about everything that had upset me that day. Then, I thought about where I was and what I was doing. Was my environment around me the reason I got upset or what it something else that triggered my emotions? Once I discovered the answer to that question, I was able to determine my top 20 "bugs" in my everyday life.










1 comment:

  1. Hey Louise, nice blog name by the way!
    I was reading your bug post and saw your nineteenth listed bug, and can not help but completely agree. It is more than extremely annoying to order food at a restaurant and then ask for sauce, only to be told that it will cost extra! I can't believe I didn't put this as one of the first things on my own bug list. Another bug you mentioned that I completely agree with is number 13! I hate it when I buy or rent a book for a class, and then never use it! One time, an entry level class wanted me to pay upwards of $240! I swapped classes and never looked back...

    ReplyDelete