Friday, March 13, 2020

16A- My secret sauce

What’s up blog,

My secret sauce, or what makes me different, is that I am persistent on achieving my goals until I succeed, no matter what happens in between. 5 ways of my human capital that reflect this are:

1.     I am a communicator. I am upfront with everyone, I let them know what my intentions are from the start, and what I expect from them
2.    I am a task manager. From a young age, I have always prioritized different things according to what my current goal is. 
3.    I am a problem solver. Give me any problem, and if its something that interests me or requires me to solve, I will work tirelessly until I complete it. 
4.    I am compassionate. I have always and will always try to put myself in others positions before I make a decision that affects them
5.    I am a winner. I work to be the best at everything I do. If I cant be the best, I sit down and figure what I need to do to be the best. 

I interviewed 5 people regarding my human capital.

1.    My mother. I asked her about my personality and how I relate to those traits that I stated above. She stated that even from a young age, I was always able to communicate what I wanted to her. Additionally, she stated that I liked to play with Legos, because I could build multiple projects at one time, and solve the puzzles without using the directions. Furthermore, I was always nice to others, and I worked to be the best at swimming. This interview was important to me because my mother provides a unique perspective. She knows me better than anyone and can accurately describe my traits. 
2.    The second person I interviewed was my grandfather. He talked about the times when all my cousins were together. I was always the loudest, and I always wanted to win any game we played and to be the “best”. I appreciate this interview because my grandfather was able to compare me to my peers from an early age. Whereas for my mother, I was an only child so there was no constant comparison.
3.    The third person I interviewed was my girlfriend. She discussed times when we argued, how I would sometimes be upset until I won the argument. However, she also stated that I wanted to be a good partner, and would work to correct my mistakes if I made them. This is important because she gives me her honest opinion every time. She will be the first person to call me out if I make a mistake. 
4.    The fourth person I interviewed was my Aunt. She described me as one of her only relatives that reaches out on a regular basis to check in on her. She said this emphasizes my passion and communication skills. This perspective was important because it comes from a person I only see twice per year. They must rely on their impressions of me, because they don’t see me on a daily basis.
5.    The final person I interviewed was my father. He compared my traits to those of his colleagues in his industry. He talked about how my communication skills will assist me in business and that my drive will make me successful. I put a high value on this interview as my dad is the person I am closest to. I always can go to him for advice and I know he will give me his honest opinion without judgement. 


In these interviews, I really tried to accomplish getting a true perspective about myself from others. It seems that there is a general consensus about my communication, problem solving, and desire-to-win traits. With that said, the main benefit of this exercise was to realize what traits I can use to my advantage in the future. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Louis,

    You did great interviewing 5 people. You picked 5 people who were extremely close and it helped give you the best answers you could give. If I may ask, who would you say is the most accurate on claiming who you are? I found myself to align very well with what people say about me. It is good to be compassionate. It is very lost in most peoples hearts. Stay true to yourself Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Louis,

    You seemed to cover a lot of good topics over your interviews, as did your interviewees, and I'm sure you learned more "secret sauce" of yours through them. I learned that the people I interviewed did say similar things to what I had, but I also learned from the commonalities that my interviewees had without me. It helped me learn more of my strengths!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Louis,
    The qualities that you describe for yourself are very good ones. Communication is very important in almost every aspect of life, including personal and professional relationships. Being compassionate is also very important. As a businessman, having compassion for your others can help you see the business through their eyes and run the business better. Good job with the interviews.

    ReplyDelete